2006-02-18 13:00

Upgrades available:

Plugin Manager v2.0
Product Attributes v2.0
Tax And Discount v2.0
Template Edit v2.0
HTML Mail Order Details v2.0

Read the About documents first!

Please Note: none of these are backwards compatible with previous versions of Quick.Cart!
Also Note: Plugin Manager is required in order to run everything except Template Edit, and is need for that if you plan to use Themes.

If you have any comments/problems I will be glad to hear them.

wizzud

No avatar

2006-02-18 19:42

Plugin Manager v2.0
Bug Found: If you are one of the 5 people who downloaded this plugin before 18:30 GMT there is a minor bug that has now been fixed.

Description: installing plugin manager on its own and going into admin, reports an error of Invalid argument supplied for foreach on line 18 of pluginManager.php
Fix:
Line 17 of pluginManager.php reads
$templist = $oPlugMan->getLanguagePreloads();
Change it to
if(($templist = $oPlugMan->getLanguagePreloads())!==false)

Or re-download, and replace /plugins/pluginManager/pluginManager.php with the new version.

pawe

No avatar

2006-02-18 22:07

I just wanted to say thank you, your plugins are great and your work with the sure is apreciated!!!

sgp

No avatar

2006-02-19 10:45

I second that, thank you for these plugins!

THraSH

No avatar

2006-02-19 11:48

Thanks alot Wizzud! Been waiting for this... We all appreciate your hard work.

LarsJ

No avatar

2006-02-19 16:43

Thank for your hard work, but i've got a problem!
When i am installing pluginManager and reach point 8. that says:
"Add a link in the admin menu bar to access the plugin manager. Please remember to make a copy of the template file before you change it!
Edit templates/admin/page.tpl and ..."

What should i do? When i gó to the admin panel and press "plugins" it just shows a white page?

wizzud

No avatar

2006-02-19 19:27

Have you made the code change, and inserted the specified lines?

LarsJ

No avatar

2006-02-19 21:25

Yes:/

wizzud

No avatar

2006-02-20 09:50

Firstly, when you reached point 8, what you should have done is exactly what it says. Your white page can only have appeared at point 9.

Secondly, show me ...
1. The contents of your plugins/plugins.php
2. The contents of your plugins/actions_admin.php
3. The contents of your templates/admin/page.tpl from the line containing '<div class="menu_bar">' (line 37?) through to the line containing '<!-- END HEAD -->' (just under 40 lines in total)

wizzud

No avatar

2006-02-20 20:33

Plugin Manager v2.0

Missing folder: the templates/themes folder is missing from the release. Simply create an empty folder.

LarsJ

No avatar

2006-02-20 21:18

Thanks, i've found the problem now... I forgot to add the line in plugins/actions_admin.php

Thanks again!

wizzud

No avatar

2006-02-22 19:54

Basket Summary plugin has now been updated for QC v1.0+

Reveller

No avatar

2006-02-22 22:08

A question for wizzud: I have never worked with a flat-file system using templates before, but am very enthousiastic about writing my first plugin / hack.

I would like to write a homePage plugin, which provides QC with a more professional homepage. Currently, the homepage consists of either a pruductList or a static content page. I would like it to display promoted products and a welcome text, which can be editted from within the admin section.

A new homepage should then look something like:
http://www.danandan.luna.nl/qc2.jpg

The "Welcome to cigars around the world...." - text (see image) could be changed in the admin section at quickcart/admin.php?p=otherConfig

I just installed your productAttributes plugin, and thought it would be logical to extend this plugin for promoting products, like this:

http://www.danandan.luna.nl/qc1.jpg

Your thoughts please! Would it be logical to extend QC this way or should I build a completely seperate plugin? Also, could you help me building the plugin by giving me pointers on how to start? There is no documentation / API for QC so it's a bit hard to start off...

project

No avatar

2006-02-23 13:25

Hello Wizzud
I instaled 2times the QC 1.2 and just the plugins again
Plugin Manager v2.0
Product Attributes v2.0
Tax And Discount v2.0
Template Edit v2.0
HTML Mail Order Details v2.0
Basket Summary v2.0

but my shop continue don't display the photo.
The question is, I forget install any plugin ? The .zip to install QC v1.2 is complete ?
Can I help me.
Thank you

wizzud

No avatar

2006-02-23 16:51

project >>
Product images go in /files/products folder.
First check you have this folder.
Then check that web server has permission to write files to this folder.

(None of the plugins affect upload or display of photos.)

[pt] project

No avatar

2006-02-23 16:59

Wizzud
The /files/products folder exist whit chmod 777

wizzud

No avatar

2006-02-23 17:09

Reveller>>
The first page can be any content page you choose - it doesn't have to be the products list of the contact page.
Set up a new content page, ignore the short description and just fill the full description with any HTML you like.
In Configuration, set the start page to this new content page.

The only restriction here is that the page name is always displayed.

Obviously, it doesn't go as far as you want it to go with the promoted products bit, but I thought it was worth pointing out first.

Regarding writing plugins, thats a heck of topic in itself. The best I can recommend at the moment is to look at what other poeple have done for their plugins. One thing to try and remember is what the word 'plugin' implies, in terms of installation by people of varying skill levels - that's the hard part!
For promoted products there are 2 possibile starting points - one would be productAttributes, the other would be the tpl parses class - getting it to recognise PHP variables or code so that a content page can include, say, a global variable or a function call, that pulls in HTML from a template, etc.

You possibly think all the above is not particularly helpful but what you have asked is way beyond what can be answered in simple forum query. I will give it some more thought myself.

Reveller

No avatar

2006-02-23 18:09

I will keep an eye on this topic, hoping to hear any future thoughts from your side. I already started looking at some simple plugins (i.e. productsInRow) to get acquinted with the QC way of writing plugins / extensions. I will post my progress now and then in this topic, too.

Reveller

No avatar

2006-07-23 14:11

@wizzud >> I have to say I don't find Quick.Cart to be very friendly coded for not too experienced, new users. Whereas I could find my way through open source projects like Drupal or Geeklog, I find it hard to understand the Quick.Cart code. Did you have any new thoughts on my question above, being a more customizable homepage? It would be best for me if someone like you would take the lead and give me seperate functions to write, where you can integrate them into Quick.Cart :)

Hope hearing from you soon.

about us | contact