Intall Quick Cart

delite163

2005-12-21 22:00

Hello,
I am new to Quick Cart and need to know how to install the cart. I just downloaded a copy but there was no instructions that I could find.
Thank you

delite163

wizzud

No avatar

2005-12-22 10:06

Unzip the release to a temporary folder.
Within the temporary folder you should see 10 folders and 4 files, one of which is readme.txt which gives instructions on permissions and admin access.
Move/copy/FTP the entire contents of the temporary folder to wherever you want the shop to run. So to run as www.yourwebsite.com put the contents in the root directory; if you want it to run as ww.yourwebsite.com/shop then create a folder under root called shop, and put the contents in that shop folder.
Check/set permissions as instructed in the readme.txt file.
To run the shop, navigate to www.yourwebsite.com[/shop]
To run admin, navigate to www.yourwebsite[/shop]/admin

delite163

2005-12-22 19:09

Thanks si much for the great instructions. The cart is now online.

delite163

Tammy K.

No avatar

2006-01-09 06:29

O.K., I've read Quick.cart is a great, easy-to-use program, but I'm completely clueless as to where to begin. I've read the "read me" file but don't understand it. I have a basic knowledge of HTML. Is there a U.S. web site somewhere that has an overview of the program and some detailed set-up instructions? Thanks!

Tammy K.

wizzud

No avatar

2006-01-09 18:28

Tammy K. >>

The best thing to do is play with it. Here's a short course:

Install it (see above)
Navigate to Admin (see above)
Login using the default username and password (see Read Me file)
Select 'configuration' option from menu
Change your username and password, and Save
Go back into configuration and change any other settings as you see fit (shop description, currency, etc), and Save
Select couriers/add courier from menu
Enter 'Free Delivery' and price of 0.00, and Save
Select category/add category from menu
Give the category a Name of 'Test', a Type of 'products' and leave the parent category as Main; enter some sort of short description, and Save
Select products/add product from menu
Give the product a Name of 'Test Product One' and select the Test category you just entered; give it a price (9.95?) and a short description; down the bottom of the form, browse for an image (any one will do) on your local machine an give it a description ('Image of Prod1'?); hit Save
Select log out from the menu, then homepage from the login screen

As you can see you will have one product in a category called Test.
Add it to your basket; change the quantity; fill out the delivery page; etc.

Go back into admin and add more categories and/or products; fill in full descriptions and see where and when the text displays in the main shop; load more than one image on a product and see what happens in the main shop; add another none-zero price courier; add a category with a type of content and see where it shows up.

Basically, play around with it. And don't be scared of it - its very difficult to break it and any changes you make are undoable!

about us | contact