Pages:

Quick.Cart v1.0 beta - released!

Beholder

No avatar

2005-11-14 03:12

BUGFIX IN page.tpl

Guys, I had to remove the line 105 from file ''templates/page.tpl''.

Otherwise the text ''pages: 1|2|3|4|'' would not be properly displayed in IE 6.0290 (SP2) after reloading of the page. The text would then appear only after you switch to other app and then switch back to the IE. The bug becomes even more apparent if you start to mess with padding is the css file.

I tracked it to that line, I am not PHP expert, just a sort of PHP-hacker. All I know is that when I remove the line from the footer of the page.tpl, code of which says:
<div class="clear"></div>
everything starts to work as supposed to.

Opera never had this problem, only stupid IE. Treewood, any hints/suggestions?

Jimmy

No avatar

2005-11-14 06:22

I think the graphics was better before.

If ur going to have ur own logo it fits in much better in the graphics that was before. Now all code is in one white table.
And the menu looks funny in 1280*1024

Nice work though!

Regards

Beholder

No avatar

2005-11-14 14:58

NITPICK

When choosing logo in the administration - the text of the "choose" button is untranslatable from English in the way other texts are.

treewood (OpenSolution)

2005-11-16 07:31

beholder - this depend on language of your operation system ... do you have operation system in english?

Beholder

No avatar

2005-11-16 17:08

nope, it's SK -- but when I was translating the lang file, there was no field item for that text (text on the choose button). At least that's what I think, I translated the whole file. Of course, if you're using EN lang file, then you're ok ;-)

Any news about the more serious bug I described earlier? I can upload you a faulty html file generated by the script, it's fun to watch texts disappear in IE :-) We obviously have no idea what madness is IE capable with CSS :-D

Beholder

No avatar

2005-11-16 17:10

Shit, I just realized what you wrote, I misunderstood it before. Please erase the previous message. Now I get it.

treewood (OpenSolution)

2005-11-17 13:19

beholder - i havent this problem

Beholder

No avatar

2005-11-18 02:10

ok, I uploaded a test page which exhibits the problem. It's mostly generated by your script, however, I had to make a few additions to make the problem visible:
1. in the css file edited body and container paddings
2. erased the photo div -- in the original problem page there was no photo visible, the version I edited from has photo.
3. added more product categories on the left (the number of categories has direct influence on presence of the bug, the old version of the webpage had more categories, the new doesn't so I had to edit this way)
4. deleted the product description, left only "x". (just like the old test version had)

Now, almost everytime you load the webpage "http://www.nlp.sk/test/test.html" and then several times click on the title picture (girl's jeans with HDD bling), the text "Stránky 1|2|.." disappears. In IE SP2. In my offline version this happens very frequently also on page reloads, online version not. The text reappears most times when you hover mouse over product categories on the left. Or when you select it via text selection.

When you erase the div class=clear element on line 104, the problem disappears (everything works ok in IE).

wizzud

No avatar

2005-11-18 11:44

I'm afraid I can't reproduce the problem either.
IE version: 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519
Update Versions:; SP2;

However, I do have a general comment on use of the 'clear' style and how it is interpreted in Firefox compared to IE. It appears that IE only clears floating objects within the immediately containing block, whereas Firefox clears all floating objects on the page. (I haven't looked into Opera/Netscape).
This causes differences in appearance (noticeable on the test page provided by Beholder) where in IE the 'pages' div does not clear the menu div, but tucks up immediately below the entry div. On Firefox, however, the pages div clears the menu div on the left and appears at the bottom of the page, just above the footer - which I happen to prefer. To make the behaviour consistent in both IE and Firefox I shifted the pages div down to immediately above the footer div, gave it a new class of its own - class=pageCount - and set the style of class pageCount to margin-left:190px (or thereabouts). This gave the (almost) the same appearance in both IE and Firefox, the only difference being the position of the dotted border at the bottom of the entry div (due to 'clear' classes higher up which I didn't bother with).

[I actually think that IE's behaviour is correct in this particular case and that Firefox is wrong - and I don't very often think that!]

Beholder

No avatar

2005-11-18 18:07

the same thing just happened to me with a content-subcategory page (had only few lines of text on it). Quite annoying -- yet, simply erasing the previously mentioned "div class=clear" on line 105 of page.tpl solved the problem.

Wizzud: I have exactly the same version of IE. Weird.

Beholder

No avatar

2005-11-18 21:02

Next thing I would suggest

..is to allow in the new for more characters in the currency variable, right now it's just 5. I don't think there is a reason for keeping it short, it's nice to see prices as "12 Euro with VAT". I had to edit an admin template file to make it possible. It would be beneficial to people who would like to have it longer + it would never hurt people who want to keep it short.

Jacek

No avatar

2005-11-19 20:08

Kiedy pojawi się wersja finalna Quick.Cart v1.0 ?

supa

No avatar

2005-11-21 00:11

Po zainstalowaniu plugin'u 'productsInRow' wyskoczył błąd:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: throwproductfirstphoto() in c:\usr\krasnal\www\quickcart\plugins\productsInRow\productsInRow.php on line 20

Co to jest i jak sie go pozbyć???

Konrad

2005-11-21 02:42

supa - jak gdzies było mówione wcześniej, do wersji 1.0 będą potrzebne przerobione wtyczki. Ta z działu download się nie nadaje...

Konrad

Pages:
about us | contact