Extra cross-selection options on product lists?

Gurt

No avatar

2005-10-20 13:12

Hi all,

1st of all: Great product for people that require a quick and working solution for an online shop! Thumbs up!

I would like to have two extra selection (as in filter) options for the product lists, that will work over all categories. So I have products (DVD's and VHS tapes) and I have those categorised by "special offers", "latest releases" etcetera. So apart from these categories I woul like people to filter the list to only show DVD's or VHS tapes (or both by default).

i have looked into the product attributes plugin but that does not seem to allow filtering, only to specify extra attributes ones people are in a product page and make an order. Does anyone have experience with customising this in such a way that it can be extended to the list pages so that products can be filtered on these criteria, or does anyone have another solution for this? (basically i'm talking about making cross-selections)

Cheers,
Gurt

brainfreeze

No avatar

2005-10-21 08:14

in the new version you can add an item to two categories...
not quite what you want but close...

to do or not to do

Gurt

No avatar

2005-10-26 09:25

Shouldn't be that hard actually, because the ProductAttributes plugin neraly does that. The only thing it doesn't do is that you can select and thereby filter on these attributes on beforehand, when displaying a product list.

I'm a complete php-noob but I'll look into it.
Anybody else want to give a shot?

Cheer,
Gurt

about us | contact