How do I write a Plug-In?

rubdub

No avatar

2005-10-14 16:21

Does anyone have any advice on how to go about writing plug-ins please?

Chadi

No avatar

2005-10-14 17:00

If you wont to install an plug-ins please read the read me file indside the plugin you wont to install

rubdub

No avatar

2005-10-15 12:48

Thanks Chadi, but I have no problen installing existing functions. I am thinking of producing new plug-ins. Obviously I could look at existing ones and try to see what is required, but if there is some sort of tutorial arround that would save a lot of time :-)

wizzud

No avatar

2005-10-15 13:03

Unfortunately no.

The only way at present is to study existing plugins and work out how they fit into the QC structure. productAttributes has been quoted as an example to give an idea, bearing in mind that it is one of the more complex in that it requires editting of existing code pages, which it would be preferable to avoid but is not possible in that particular case.

Without writing a complete guide on the spur of the moment, the best advice I can give is to remember that 'plugin' is the operative word. QC is used by people with varying degress of expertise so the easier it is for anybody to install and manage the plugin, the better.

As an aside: I am currently in the process of upgrading the pluginManager plugin (and all my other plugins in line with it) to provide plugin configuration from the Admin panel. This will mean certain structural guidelines for any other plugins that wish to make use of this facility, which I intend to provide when I get the upgrade complete and reliable. But don't hold your breath!

rubdub

No avatar

2005-10-18 07:32

Thanks Wizzud

about us | contact