What are the steps for upgrading Quick.Cart 5.2 to the latest version 6.6?

Mutant

2015-10-04 19:57

The "Database converter from Quick.Cart v4.x to v5.x to v6.x" offered on this site is actually an old converter which "Converts from Quick.Cart v4.x to Quick.Cart v5.x". Are we still supposed to use that?

If not, then what are the correct steps for upgrading Quick.Cart 5.2 to the latest version 6.6?

» Quick.Cart v5.x

openzibi

2015-10-05 07:29

Try this:

Find
2. Copy all files from old Quick.Cart v4.x from "files/" directory to "files/" in new Quick.Cart v5.x

Change to:
2. Copy all files from old Quick.Cart v4.x, v5x from "files/" directory to "files/" in new Quick.Cart v6.x
3. Copy all files from old Quick.Cart v4.x, v5x from "database/" directory to "_old" in new Quick.Cart v6.x

StudioStrona.pl

Mutant

2015-10-05 08:40

Thanks for your reply. Sounds easy enough. Will give it a try.

Mutant

2015-10-13 17:04

1) Installed a clean version of QC 6.1, verified that it's working
2) Copied all my old files from "files/" to "files/", set permissions to 777
3) Ran the updater following the instructions in the Read me. Updater failed, nothing happens when clicking the next button.
4) Tried just manually copying all my 5.2 files from "database/" to "database/" and set permissions to 777 but that just made half the options in admin disappear.

Any ideas?

Mutant

2015-10-13 17:27

Tried a bit more, replacing a few files at a time in the "database/" folder, seems like just about anything breaks the installation, for example just adding the official Swedish language file makes the site go blank.

Also, noticed the updater had been updated recently, so tried the new version, which also failed (probably only the Read me file which was updated and not the actual script (?)).

Need help to get this sorted asap.

Mutant

2015-10-13 18:21

(Willing to pay for professional help!)

openzibi

2015-10-14 08:40

You probably have some mistakes in the old shop. Contact with me (StudioStrona.pl) or with other partners OpenSolution.org

StudioStrona.pl

about us | contact