QC doesn't work with firefox 1.5 beta on mac

ludwig

No avatar

2005-09-18 22:10

same on windows-c.?

ludwig

No avatar

2005-09-19 12:01

better say: the product attribute doesn't work anymore.
Nobody surfs with firefox 1.5?

wizzud

No avatar

2005-09-20 12:00

Doesn't work on v1.0.6 either.
I will investigate.

Anders

No avatar

2005-09-20 12:54

Product attributes works nicely for me with firefox v1.0.6 in gentoo linux.

wizzud

No avatar

2005-09-20 14:00

Amendment.
MAC Firefox v1.0.6 does work, BUT it didn't when I first went in to the page. After using the keyboard to activate a SELECT choice then it worked perfectly from then on, keyboard and mouse.
Closed down browser and re-opened:
I had to select an option twice to get it to register the onchange event, but after that it registered on first selection. If I left the default selection and hit Add to get the alert box up, then the next selection from a dropdown took 2 clicks to register.
Rebooted:
Again, initial selection took 2 clicks to register, subsequent selections 1 click.

I've looked at bugzilla and there seems to be a lot of reported bugs featuring the onchange event and when it should be triggered and when it isn't being. There doesn't seem to be a specific bug report for this behaviour on the MAC as opposed to windows-based browsing, but there is a general bug regarding the behaviour of onchange, and lots of duplicate bugs attributed to the same discussion. Basically, there seems to be some disagreement and inconsistency about the expected behaviour and the W3C guidelines, also some confusion over the distinction between onchange and onblur.
All in all its very confusing to little old programmers like me, but there is little I can do to change the plugin coz it works (mostly!).

about us | contact