FAQ - who will help?

treewood (OpenSolution)

2005-09-17 18:07

I am not native english and you can see that i am not good in this language.

Maybe someone who knows Quick.Cart and english can help us to create FAQ?

On this forum many peoples asks about the same:
- gd2 library
- 777 permission
- error uploading
- problems with creating small images
- ftp uploading - binary mode
- etc etc

Who will help with FAQ ?

witaj.net

amir

No avatar

2005-09-17 18:41

Well i can if you belive in me

treewood (OpenSolution)

2005-09-17 23:25

for first we should search on forum standard questions and maybe write here?
after we will write answers for that questions from posts in forum or our answers.

below i send some suggestions to FAQ:

I have this error when I add images to product. What I should do?
Error: "Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreatefromjpeg() [...]"

I have this error when I try to save configuration. What I should do?
Error: "Warning: fopen(config/general.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied [...]"

I have this error when I open Quick.Cart on my server. What I should do?
Error: "Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in [...]core/products-
admin.php on line 1"

Send your suggestion ... after we will try to create answers

witaj.net

amir

No avatar

2005-09-19 14:14

Hi treewood
sorry i think i have understand you correct first you want to collect all questions which people are asking very offen right ???

amir

treewood (OpenSolution)

2005-09-19 15:49

yep

wizzud

No avatar

2005-09-20 11:29

I'll help where I can.

Treewood, do you want to distinguish between
(1) questions that relate solely to QC base release installation and usage (eg. the 3 you have quoted above)
(2) questions that relate to template modifications (eg. modifying the template to fit into an existing website design)
(3) questions that relate to minor modifications to QC (eg. not showing the Basket each time a product is added to it, or telephone numbers)
(4) questions that relate to plugins (possibly)

I suspect your priority would be group (1) then group (2), and possibly group (3), but probably not group (4)?

amir

No avatar

2005-09-20 15:00

0) Hi Is there any Paypal account to donate? I think this project deserves it and can help me a lot!

1) I installed the plugin basketSummary but it's giving me an error of: Fatal error: Call to undefined function throwOrdersId() in C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\shop\plugins\basketSummary\basketSummary.php on line 7

2) Quick.Cart version 0.3.0 do not work. The script gives the error message at below:
"Parse error: parse error, unexpected '{' in /home/.../store/core/products-admin.php on line 1"

3) My shopping cart apears to be empty after I filled in my adres and stuff... is this a known bug ? It's mostly in IE and every first time in FireFox. Weird huh ? Oh btw I use version 3.0.

4) I installed Quick Cart today. Followed all the instructions. And when I click the "Send" button, it says "Pleasy fill out required fields". Everything is filled out. Any clues?

5) Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreatefromgif() in html/store/libraries/FotoJobs.php on line 273

6) when i try to login as admin with the user and password i received something like this

Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at .../libraries/FotoJobs.php:302) in .../admin.php on line 38
and the script log me out

7) When adding the current version of the "sendOrderToClient" to the current version of Quick Cart, I get this error message when completing a sale:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: throwidorderstemp() in /home/content/c/o/n/condorsales/html/plugins/sendOrderToClient/actions_client.ph p on line 8

8) If the db files are chmod to 777 can't anyone write to them? is there a way to increase security.?

9) How to Add Credit card , Paypal or third party gateway.

10) How to change default QuickCart Template in to exist Website.

11) How to change Currency Format.

12) I receive about one order everyday from invalid IPs, and all fields left blank. How can I control the validity of the fields in the order form.

13) Warning: Unable to open 'files/categories/1[2][2]' for reading: No such file or directory in c:apachehtdocsquickcartlibrariesFotoJobs.php on line 255

Warning: getimagesize: Unable to open 'files/categories/1[2][2]_m.jpg_backup.jpg' for reading. in c:apachehtdocsquickcartlibrariesFotoJobs.php on line 256

14) Is there any Plugin for Stock Controlling.

15) Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:homesurprises2shopconfiggeneral.php:343) in c:homesurprises2shopindex.php on line 138

16) Fatal error: Call to undefined function session_register() in
/var/www/localhost/htdocs/shop/index.php on line 2

17) how can I make QC safe so that no one can read my config files and other files?

18) How to change Phone No Format ?

19) How is it possible to disable or to remove the Courier option?

20 ) how to show product image in basket ?

amir

amir

No avatar

2005-09-20 15:02

I think wizzud is right we need to short out question in to some groups.what do you think Treeweeod ???

amir

treewood (OpenSolution)

2005-09-20 16:07

Now i think first we need to create answers for most popular problems with instalation and use. After maybe we will answer about templates, php modification etc.

witaj.net

floyds

No avatar

2005-09-23 16:03

why don't you/we make a Knowledge Base with all questions and possible answers ?!

Dutch QuickCart Support Site

treewood (OpenSolution)

2005-09-24 07:50

floyds - now we should collect questions ... when we release v1.0 beta we will have more time

witaj.net

Kristian

No avatar

2005-09-25 12:53

5) Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreatefromgif() in html/store/libraries/FotoJobs.php on line 273
1)I have this error when I add images to product. What I should do?

I have same problems... Is there any solution??

Sincerely, Christian

amir

No avatar

2005-10-10 13:06

Hi treewood what's with your FAQ ? i Mean how to proceed further ??

amir

treewood (OpenSolution)

2005-10-10 14:05

amir - we will start it after we release beta Quick.Cart v1.0

witaj.net

treewood (OpenSolution)

2005-10-10 14:05

maybe someone of you will answer some questions?

witaj.net

kookie

No avatar

2005-10-11 08:18

A solution to the problem:

2005-09-25 12:53:58 5) Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreatefromgif() in html/store/libraries/FotoJobs.php on line 273
1)I have this error when I add images to product. What I should do?

IS to check your "php info" on the server. the GD library must be installed to make QC work properly with the upload image feature.

brainfreeze

No avatar

2005-10-11 14:07

Perhaps an thought...
an knowlegde base is nothing more than a sturctured forum (one with no response possibility).
Treewood... you can use your news script, make some good general sections and put the questions with the answer as response.
Als long as people cannot comment you will keep it clean and perhaps edit some mistakes out.

I am willing to look at the grammar and readability of instructions.
I you like this idea I am also willing to make a setup if people will send me the questions and the answers. I will rewrite it and make is understandable for anyone...

So... cheers... let me know....

brainfreeze@zonnet.nl

to do or not to do

about us | contact