V6.0 is buggy, not impressed

bluey

2015-02-15 01:09

Just installed v6.0 free version for testing, and not impressed at all. Editted the contact page, changed it's name to 'Home' added short description, added long description, saved. It looked great but at the bottom of the page it had demo.test and demo.pdf (or something similar) It didn't show in the edit, and wasn't there when I tried again, basically no way to delete it.
So I deleted the home page and started again. This time, I could either have the long description or the short description, but not both.
Deleted v6.0, going back to an older working version.

» Quick.Cart v6.x

bluey

2015-02-15 02:43

ps: Forgot to add that you can't change the title, stuck with Quick CMS at the top. V6.0 is a downgrade, should have stuck to the original.

marcin_k

2015-02-15 07:28

I have a completely different feel. v6 is definitely better than v5

boboo

2015-02-15 09:08

@bluey
If one starts to critiscise, he should do it without own errors&mistakes.
An example?
I don't see "Quick.CMS" at the top in the Qiuck.Cart v6.x

But not about this...
the CMS v6 Free is a... free version.
It means: no pay, no warranty, no rights.
It is as it is. And if after installing it the whole server burns down and your town is without electric power for a few days, you have no right to subrogate against the OpenSolution.
The CMS v6 has nothing to do with CMS v5.x. Is not a downgrade! It is just a CMS v6 Free.
With functions as they are.
Need more functionality? BUY! or write them by yourself.

If you want to report a bug - do it, but remember:
a missed function is not a bug, it is a property of freeware.

boboo :-)

interkob

2015-02-15 09:21

Give yourself more time. You have just installed your new CMS. You can't be lucky on your first step. You need to know the new CMS better. It has a lot of changes. Just give for it more time and you will figure it out.

hdmidef@gmail.com

bluey

2015-02-15 19:11

Interkob, thanks for your reply. The thing is that previous free versions allowed much more functionality than V6.0. So why should anyone want to instal it? Remember that wordpress is free and has much more functionality than Qcms.
I personally don't like wordpress and always enjoyed Qcms, but can't see the point of a new version with less functions.
Boboo: Not sure what you're talking about either, who said anything about Quick cart? I can see that Quick Cart V6.X is written at the bottom of my post, but it wasn't there when I posted and I certainly never put it there. Why would I?
I'm talking about Quick CMS V6.0.
I can see you've taken offence at my post, but think about it, it's called Quick CMS. Now a coder can easily go into the code and replace the title with his own, but isn't the point of QUICK cms supposed to be ummmm QUICK?
Why on earth would you build a later version of a script and give it less functionality? Surely, free or paid, no one wants someone else's title at the top of their site?
Also, you say it's a missing feature, but I can't see an addon, paid or not, that allows you to replace Quick CMS with the name of our own website. I can't see anyone wanting to use Qcms with Qcms as the title.
As for the bugs,consider them reported in the above post.
Bottom line is that if V6.0 is going to offer so little functionality that all you can do is edit text and add pics, then I'm going to have to go over to wordpress in the future, and I certainly wouldn't buy a CMS which only allowed me to change title via editing the code.
If it's come to thisthen it seems to be the end of QCMS is not far away.

Marcin: It certainly looks better and as I had to put together a site last night I thought it would do just fine. But it was actually quicker to code from scratch than it was to figure out QCMS. I mean why on earth do they not provide a function to edit the header title? Who on earth wants Quick CMS as the title to their website? And as this function was available in previous versions, then it's obvioulsy a downgrade. Admin functionality is spasre when compared to older versions.

interkob

2015-02-15 20:40

You can change the title in database/config_en.php

I don't know why these settings are missing in the settings panel. That supposed to be some kind of mistake as there is no point to hide them.

hdmidef@gmail.com

openzibi

2015-02-15 21:07

bluey,
How to delete demo.pdf file?
Go to the TAB files. There is demo.pdf
Check box "delete". Save it! :)

bluey,
You don't want to spend 30 minutes to familiarize themselves with the new system.
WHY?
If not, you just need dangerous Wordpress :)

bluey,
I know that the transition from v5.5 to v6.0 version it can be a" shock".
Take these 30, about 60 minutes and after that you forget about Wordpress :)

StudioStrona.pl

boboo

2015-02-15 23:19

transition from v5.5 to v6.0 version (...)
30about 60 minutes (...)

#head brain{transition:all 3600s ease;}

boboo :-)

Roni

2015-02-16 12:41

bluey:
Did you check http://opensolution.org/docs/ ? It is for EXT but it has most important things from free. If not it may be a little dangerous to try new system with old habits. I know that.

boboo:
Nice CSS ;-)
You inspired me to write simple algoritm:

while( I_did_not_read_manual === true ){

do_not_complain true;
  if( 
I_finally_read_manual )

I_did_not_read_manual false;
}
if( 
I_want_to_complain == true ){
  print 
"You are using free script. Try to write better one and you don't need to complain";
  if( 
I_do_not_have_enoght_time_or_knowledge_to_do_this )
    print 
"You can send developers some comments, but be polite because they do it for FREE";
}

grafiQa

2015-02-18 17:33

Roni
algorithm best I've ever seen

or little update

if( no_money === true && no_time === true) {
use_Q.C_for_free do_not_complain;
}
else
buy_Q_Cms_EXT(read_manualsbe_happy) ;

Best regards