Pages:

Quick.Cart v1.0 - soon - october

treewood (OpenSolution)

2005-09-05 13:43

Soon we will release new Quick.Cart version 1.0. In october 2005 Quick.Cart will have 1 year!

witaj.net

floyds

No avatar

2005-09-05 14:43

treewood,

Tell us what V1.0 has instore of us ? any new features ?

Dutch QuickCart Support Site

Abec

No avatar

2005-09-05 23:44

Yes please... features? Wich plugins are about to be integrated?

treewood (OpenSolution)

2005-09-06 08:40

Some features:
- products, categories, couriers - sort file before save - the script will faster generate lists because it will not sort file before read
- hiding categories
- add product to more than 1 category
- templates optimization
- new design

and more...

witaj.net

Abec

No avatar

2005-09-06 10:52

Cool... Thanks treewood

Abec

No avatar

2005-09-06 15:36

Maybe it's time to implement all of the design in css so that it will be more easy to modify the design. A very nice example of what can be done with css can be found at css Zen Garden. Just select a design in the menu to change the css file.

floyds

No avatar

2005-09-06 16:42

I hope there will be a converter to easy update a previous version of QC. (like v0.3.x to V1.0) !!??

Dutch QuickCart Support Site

kadee

No avatar

2005-09-06 17:07

Yes, we want to implement design in 100% css layout, just like css zen garden. There'll be also more layouts to choose from.

www.opensolution.org

treewood (OpenSolution)

2005-09-06 18:48

floyds - hm... first we will publish beta version ... after stable and after converter

witaj.net

robbo

No avatar

2005-09-07 06:19

Treewood,

Will there be a section to add new fields into the Products pages (and orders etc).

It appears this is a big feature that people want, unless it's hard, which I wouldn't expect it to have this feature for an open source project!

treewood (OpenSolution)

2005-09-07 06:47

robbo - adding new field is not so easy. no we will not add this feature

witaj.net

squidi

No avatar

2005-09-07 18:45

Please give me a new finest Editor for edit category and article... SPAW , FCK or Tiny ...

squidi

rubdub

No avatar

2005-09-08 10:32

Great news about the coming release.

But please not ALL css - the current QC gets it about right in my opinion and it is so good in all browsers - there are too many issues with total css sites.

Also what ever html editor is used, can we have a preference to set the default to OFF and/or maybe an easy way to leave out the editor plug-in to save weight.

Well done Treewood, keep up the good work.

Rob

Mark

No avatar

2005-09-08 10:36

Great work Treewood. Keep on!

Please make some notice for future to make the "table" function avalable in html-editor. Sometimes it is really important to devide the page in the 2 columns. Or to show the pricelists in nice columns.

Marton

No avatar

2005-09-09 23:37

Please add stock control! It's the only thing I miss from QC (and I believe I'm not the only one with this thought)

henrik

No avatar

2005-09-10 16:18

Stock control could be really nice!

You count in which location you store the things and how many you have.
When you sell one, the system should automatically count down, and when the stock is out, is should be impossible to the costumers to buy it.

This could be a really nice feature.

treewood (OpenSolution)

2005-09-11 08:07

henrik - i think that i should store in database only that what is nessesery. position, name, description, description full, visible/not visible. quick.cart is created by us with conception that it will have smallest information about product/category ... more options will build by plugins.

many of people suggest us more and more functions. remember if we will create this we will loose "simply shopping cart". basic information about product and simply order are our advantages and we won't change our direction and go way like zen-cart, osCommerce and create competition to them.

so many times i said: "you want advanced shopping cart? install osCommere. you want simply shopping cart? check Quick.Cart" ... and now "you want more options? check plugins or create plugin to Quick.Cart. if not take osCommerce etc."

witaj.net

Sheep

No avatar

2005-09-11 11:30

agree with treewood, please try to keep QC as simple as possible with only basic options and a few addons with plugins.

Marton

No avatar

2005-09-12 18:48

Ok, let me correct the request then:

Please add a stock control plugin! It's the only thing I miss from QC (and I believe I'm not the only one with this thought)

:D

Marton

treewood (OpenSolution)

2005-09-12 18:49

marton - talk with wizzud ... we have only time to change qc ... no time to new plugins

witaj.net

Pages:
about us | contact