default.css / top menu bar

JamieF

No avatar

2006-12-12 23:56

Im editing extensively the .css and page.tpl of a 1.4 installation. I have knocked off the search command and want my menu bar to be longer. For some reason that I cannot find in the code, it wraps menu (content categories) about 2/3 the way down the blue line. Is there a line of code in there somewhere to allow the menu items to stretch across the entire table?

Also, I don't seem to be able to change the default colour of the background of the menu bar. Seems fairly easy in the default.css but its having ZERO effect!

Thanks in advance.

idaryl

2006-12-13 21:44

This should do it:
if you are using - default.css
#navi{background-color:#FF5585;margin:0 20px 15px 20px;} /* background color of menu */
#navi ul{margin:0;padding:0;width:508px;float:left;} /* width of menu - I set mine to this */

if you are using - right.css
#navi{background-color:#FF5585;margin:0 20px 15px 20px;} /* background color of menu */
#navi ul{margin:0;padding:0;width:508px;float:left;} /* width of menu - I set mine to this */

you have a cart opening in an iframe and it appears to be screwing with the placement of the items per page - you may want to look at the container css to resize to accommodate..
eg:#container{width:400px;margin:0 auto;text-align:left;padding:0;background:#fff;}
#container_print{width:16cm;margin:0 auto;padding:20px;text-align:left;padding-top:0;background:#fff;} /* width of contents - similar in default and right.css */

also:
- http://www.webshop.ucreate.eu/?&print
- http://www.webshop.ucreate.eu/quickcart/files/voorwaarden.html
- these all open in a new page? is that right?

and you've added an agree to terms button - how did you do that?

hope this helps -and - get back to me on the agree button, please

idaryl

2006-12-14 23:47

did it work?

bladmiral

No avatar

2007-10-04 02:07

I'm having a problem with this line in QC 1.4 and IE7...the menu bar just doesn't appear. In Firefox everything is perfect.

This is what I have:

/* HEADER STYLES */
#header{margin:10px 20px 0 20px;padding-top:10px;}
#navi{background-color:black;margin:0 20px 15px 20px;}
#navi ul{margin:0;padding:0;width:508px;float:left;}
#navi li{height:25px;line-height:25px;float:left;margin:0;padding:0;list-style-type:none;border-right:1px solid;border-color:white;white-space:nowrap;}
#navi li a{display:block;padding:0 18px;font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;color:white;}
* html #navi a{width:1%;}

Any ideas? I searched and couldn't find anything specifically about this. Thanks!

merci

No avatar

2007-10-04 08:23

bladmiral - can you send a link to your site, as I need to see it.

bladmiral

No avatar

2007-10-04 12:39

Sorry, should have put that in: www.apalachinstore.com

Also, it's not all versions of IE, as two of my friends said they could see it just fine. I have tried it on three different computers of mine and it doesn't work. Strange.

If it helps, the failure seems to be on IE 7.0.5730.11. I don't know what my friends used.

Thanks.

merci

No avatar

2007-10-05 09:47

bladmiral - i'm not sure, but maybe the problem is in position. Try to delete form templates/default.css

positionrelative;
top: -2px;
left: -3px;

and see if it is visible in IE 7

about us | contact