List of requirements and procedure for installation for Quick.Cart.Ext on your server.
Script's requirements - servers
For our scripts to work properly, your server should meet the following requirements:
- handle PHP scripts (PHP version 5.6.x or 7.0.x - how to check the php version of my server).
- enabled mail() function, required for sending e-mail. If the e-mail sending is not working correctly or mail() function is to be disabled, then clear the "Administrator email" field in the settings.
- enabled allow_url_fopen option, required for "Check for fixes" and "Plugins" functions. Does not apply to free Quick.Cart
Basic requirements for proper adding of photos:
Uploading scripts on your server
Unpack the script's zip archive and follow one of the two options:
- Run the script on your computer using the XAMPP, WAMP or EasyPHP server. We recommend that you prepare and test the website this way.
Don't know how to create your own local server? Read the instruction on how to install a local server.
- Run the script on an external server. We recommend that you test the script and upload a finished website this way.
- in the program you use to execute the FTP connection, set the transfer mode to binary,
- change permissions (CHMOD) to 777 (or: rwxrwxrwx) for:
- "database" directory including all sub-directories and files in it,
- "files" directory and all sub-directories and files in it.
For better security use the 700 permissions for the above directories and subdirectories, and 600 for files, then check if the script is working correctly. If not, restore the permissions to previous settings. Read the instruction to change permissions.
Script's requirements - browsers
To have the administration panel work properly, learn about minimal requirements for a browser. Minimal window width: 1280 pixels, minimal version: Firefox 32, Chrome 37, Opera 12, Internet Explorer 11, Java Script and cookies management enabled. We don't recommend removing cookies after closing a browser.
Running the script
If your server meets all of the above requirements and you have uploaded all the files:
- open your website to see the home page,
- add the admin.php phrase to your home page address (e.g. www.your-address.com/admin.php) to go to the administration login page,
- default administration panel login data are:
Note! After first login make sure to go to settings and change login and password.
- login: admin
- password: admin
- After uploading the website, make sure to change the "admin.php" file name to something else, like: "5fc7c9.php". When this change is done, the administration panel's address in your browser will be www.your-address.com/5fc7c9.php. Don't share this address with anyone - it will make it much harder to hack your website.
- For versions v6.2 and higher, edit the "database/config/general.php" file, find the $config['admin_file'] variable, and replace its value "admin.php" with the new file name, which in this case is "5fc7c9.php".
Read more in the "Security" section.
User's manual - first steps
Go to the user's manual we've prepared so you can learn step by step how to manage your website.
Turning options on and off
Disabling selected plugins
Some options available in the Quick.Cart.Ext can be disabled. Disabling options you don't use can have some significant benefits:
- it makes the script run faster
- forms are clearer since there are no redundant options
- it allows to block clients from managing options they shouldn't have access to. For instance when a webmaster installs certain plugins and doesn't want clients to install any other for security and design reasons.
Functionalities that can be enabled and disabled are set in the "database/config/general.php" file and stored in the $config['plugins'] table. For instance to disable the plugin installer, change:
$config['plugins']['plugins'] = true;
$config['plugins']['plugins'] = false;
Hiding advanced options
Additionally in the paid edition in the admin panel you can hide / block some options, changing which may cause the website to display incorrectly or even crash.
To hide a chosen field/option/tab, select a proper variable from the list below and paste it in the "database/config/general.php" file below the variable:
$config['hide_theme'] = true;
- $config['hide_language_delete'] = true; // hides buttons that delete translations.
- $config['hide_main_page_add'] = true; // hides the option to add pages to top or left menu.
- $config['hide_backup_restore'] = true; // hides the option to restore backup copies of database.
- $config['hide_boxes_delete'] = true; // hides buttons to delete boxes.
- $config['hide_plugins_install'] = true; // hides buttons to install plugins.
- $config['hide_main_page_delete'] = true; // hides the option to delete parent pages that have, for example, subpages.
- $config['hide_settings_tab_pages'] = true; // hides the "Pages" tab in settings.
- $config['hide_settings_language_url'] = true; // hides the field with the option to choose whether a language parameter is to be displayed in URL's.
- $config['hide_settings_items_list'] = true; // hides fields to choose number of subpages, news and images in gallery per page.
- $config['hide_settings_skin'] = true; // hides the skin select field.
- $config['hide_settings_crop_thumbnail'] = true; // hides the thumbnail crop ratio select field.
- $config['hide_settings_dynamic_meta_description'] = true; // hides the dynamic meta description choice field.
- $config['hide_settings_basket_summary'] = true; // hides the basket summary visibility choice field.
- $config['hide_settings_products_comments'] = true; // hides the option to change product comments visibility.
- $config['hide_settings_tab_payments'] = true; // hides the "Payments" tab in settings.
- $config['hide_settings_subcategory_products'] = true; // hides the option to change whether products from a subcategories are to be displayed in their parent categories.
- $config['hide_settings_sort_products'] = true; // hides the option to change visibility of sorting products option.
- $config['hide_settings_remember_basket'] = true; // hides the option to change visibility of the "Remember basket" option.
- $config['hide_cart_options'] = true; - hides cart functions in the admin panel, useful if the shop is to function as a "product catalog"
- $config['hide_page_menu_name'] = true; - hides the "Name in the menu" field in the page form.
- $config['disable_settings_logo'] = true; // blocks the "Logo" field in settings.
- $config['disable_settings_slogan'] = true; // blocks the "Slogan" field in settings.
- $config['disable_settings_footer'] = true; // blocks the "Foot info" field in settings.
- $config['display_editing_options'] - allows to go to page/product form or delete it client-side. If you want to disable this option, set this variable's value to null.
To restore a specific field/option/tab, remove the corresponding line, comment it or set it to null (changing true to false or any other value will not have the desired effect).
Developer's mode allows webmasters to enable all hidden options and functions listed above for a chosen IP. It is useful especially if you want to change something in the admin panel, and the option that needs to be modified is hidden from other admin panel users.
To go to developer's mode, in the "database/config/general.php" file paste the following variable:
$config['developer_mode_for_ip'] = '188.8.131.52'; // where 184.108.40.206 is the IP address, logging from which will allow access the developer's mode
Installation of plugins
First use the plugin manager to install required options.
Note! It's not a good idea to install in advance plugins you don't need now, but you think you might use sometime in the future. It might have a negative influence on the script's performance, and also cause the administration panel to be less clear due to large number of fields and options in forms.
"database/config/general.php" and "database/config/lang_pl.php" files contain some configuration variables, that are not accessible from the administration panel.
It's a good idea to think about settings of those options before developing a website. It will influence functioning of the script, its efficiency etc.
The most important variables are:
Also remember to:
- remove languages you don't use.